Tuesday 6 December 2011

[karachi-Friends] Fwd: { Struggle For Change } Fw: My name is Terrell





  This is a true story of a 15 year old American boy's recent acceptance of Islam:
 
From: Kw <koffingw@yahoo.com>
To: "mjiqbalkhan@yahoo.com" <mjiqbalkhan@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, 5 December 2011 7:58 PM
Subject: My name is Terrell

Hello once again brother. Jn your earlier message you asked how i came to accept Islam so heres my story.

I was raised in a christian family (baptise) a i was raised with a strong belief in God. From a young age my beliefs were strong and one could say unbreakable. I can remember as a child i was being told by an elder (i cant remember who it was it coulda been my mother or someone else) that Jesus (pbuh) and God were the same being. From a age of a child up until maybe maturity i went along with everything christianity told me but however i rejected alot such as: i refused to believe that God and Jesus (pbuh) were the same being, or that God had any equals; i will however admit to the somewhat belief in the trinity because it was how i was raised; everytime i would pray i would do the sign of the "father/son/holy ghost." now sometime after maturity when i reached my teen years i began questioning things and actually startin to see how christianity was just 'off' one could say. With contradictions here and contradictions there and nothing just making sense anymore. I suffered a whole lot in my life which i would also could say made me drift towards islam rather than just christianity but thats another story. Anyways when i was maybe fourteen my life was going straight to heck. Nothing was going right for me; my life was terrible, i lost the love of my life (yeah i dated back then i know better now), me and my parents didnt get along, i was falling in school, and i wanted to take my life; i even resorted to self mutalation. After all this i ended up going to a mental ward for about a week. And in all this turmoil i still had my faith in God. Now the bad part. Shortly maybe many months later during that same year i was having a conversation with a "friend" about God. We talked and talked about all the contradictions and things which didn't make sense and i just wound up losing my faith. I became a athesist. Shortly after when the new year came around i had another conversation with a "friend" (different one) and i admitted to being an athetist (hes christian) and he gave me a truly heart warming talk which wounded up converting me back to christianity. Later on that same year months later again i talked with another "friend" about things that wern't adding up around christianity and the beliefs that deal with God. Well i became a atheist yet again but this time was worst than before and i'd prefer not to expose the contents of my mind at the time. Anyways maybe no less than three-four months while pondering the universe and world(s) and all that existed i just somehow found myself converting on my own to christianity. I just picked up a bible one day and tryed to understand and i knew there had to be "some" if not all truth to whats going on. So out of my own will pomderingnthe universe i found my way back to God with a stronger belief that i knew could not be broken again. Know heres where it gets tricky: i pledge myself to "God" not to christianity and i refused by all means to accept Jesus (pbuh) as God. Cause i revered him as merly a prophet. And sure i guess the "son of God" (i know better know though) but anyways by being more religious than ever before i started to actually try to learn more about christianity. Why is it i do yhe trinity thing when i pray? Why this why that? Why do every so called christian say the Lord's name in vain at least 40 times a day. Just trying to learn as much as i can. Well christianity wasn't really making sense with all its "wordly" (bible) & (worldly) (christians) contradictions so i started looking elsewere. Sometime before during my final days as a athiest i read a bit about buddism (aka buddha) and i found some sense in that (i guess it gad to do with the whole peace thing, and detaching yourself from the material world, staying chaste, ect) so i tried to incorporate that into christianity hoping that it could i dont know help me in a sense at least obey the commandments of God by chosing to not wanna do anything sinnful on this plane of the world but rather do things on a spiritual plane (ex. No lying, no adultury, ect just watever posible to follow God's commandments) and for awhile it actually helped but not long. So later i wanted to learn more so i mean i knew islam existed but i wasn't willing to read about it really so i took a turn to learn a bit about judaism. This part of the story isn't even actually a part cause to be honest i didn't really learn much except that there was more  we as believers were to be following than just the ten commandments (which in fact is true). So after awhile i started reading about islam and my goodness it made if one could say "Too Much Sense." One God no partners everyone are just slaves living in the dominion of the almighty. Adam Moses Abraham Jesus ect (peace be upon them all) are just prophets and just messengers. Another thing that truly boggled my mind was the jinn. And brother let me just say the whole topic of the jinn at first was the only thing keeping me from reverting to islam but later on became a major factor. I was raise christian like i said before; and being raised christian i was givin more than one story (another thing which i believe will lead to christianitys downfall) about the cursed satan; and in addition my parents arn't exaclty practicing christians so all that supernatural nonsense and watnot i was raised on that too (even though i still questioned it). Now in islam we are told to believe in one story just one simple understandable story about the cursed satan and christianity has these storys about him being a high ranked angel who wanted to be God and raged a war with God and both sides followers, and u have another story with him veing a snake in eden, and another story with him being lucifer son of the morning. I mean its just a bunch of rubbish. Now on the account of the supernatural and magic and ect: once i finally made my final conversion to christianity i read the bible more; and from reading it i learned that magic in every form was blasphemous amd evil and from the devil. I hate it to this day (which scares me that many christians don't; its in their bible). Now in the holy quran i learned that the jinn are made up of two categories: the believers and the illblis. I learned that the believers make no contact whatsoever with mankind and it is only the illblis which do. And i learned that the illblis is the cause of all this magic in the world, and all this supernatural unexplainable things that Allah have nothing to do with (ex. Fortunetellers, psychics, magic, ghost/spirits, vampires, werewolves,false gods, ect cause the list goes on) and brother let me tell when i read that it just clicked that Islam knows what its talking about. You know something brother before i converted to islam i lead a very very very very sinful life even if one might say i was devoted to God i was still yet sinful. After comming over to islam (i wanna try to stay as modest as possible because i know very well that i am still a sinner) my sinning has drastically dropped. I am more connected to my creator than i have ever dreamed of being. And all that i was looking for even as i pondered into buddism (peace, and enlightment) ive found right here in islam. And it didn't take me hours of humming, meditating, and sitting in the same spot to do so.

Sent from my iPod

__._,_.___
  ecent Activity:
.

__,_._,___




--
Be Carefull in Islamic Discussions;
Disrespect (of Ambiyaa, Sahabaa, Oliyaa, and Ulamaa) is an INSTANT BAN
Abuse of any kind (to the Group, or it's Members) shall not be tolerated
SPAM, Advertisement, and Adult messages are NOT allowed
This is not Dating / Love Group, Sending PM's to members will be an illegal act.
 
 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Karachi-Friends" group.
To post to this group, send email to karachi-Friends@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
karachi-Friends+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

No comments:

Post a Comment