Thursday 12 January 2012

{Islamic Mailing Group} The Tussle Before Dawn


fajr-poem

Waking up for Fajr prayer is challenging for most of us and the turnout at the mosque is a clear proof of the same.We make a resolution every night that we would wake up and pray, but in spite of a firm resolution, sleep proves to be more lustrous (inviting) than ever at the brink of dawn.

The Tussle Before Dawn

Every night, this resolution I keep

to wake up before dawn from my sleep

but when the alarm rings in my head

I find it hard to get out of bed

Satan whispers there still is time

snooze the alarm one more time

everyone else is sleeping too

why then it concerns only you

sleep warm and tight for today

as tomorrow seems a better day

but what's missed today is gone for good

then shouldn't I pray? Of course I should

look the water's freezing cold

the warm bed is a better abode

the hell fire's a lot more than just warm

I should respond to the alarm

I either win or lose this fight

wake up and pray or just sleep tight

I pray for strength and to pray I choose

better than sleep, let Satan lose

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Islamic Mailing Group" group.
To post to this group, send email to islamic-mailing-group@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to islamic-mailing-group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/islamic-mailing-group?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment